First Birthday Party

Monday, September 3, 2012


Last Thurs, Aug 30th, Baby Burrito turned one year old! I can't believe it. To think that last year, I was at the hospital pushing a tiny baby out of my body (sorry for the visual). Astounding. It's been a crazy year. Lots of stressful and difficult moments, but they're far eclipsed by the wonderful heart-bursting-with-love type ones.


On Saturday, we had a small birthday party at our place. As previously mentioned, I had many small diy projects going on. I made yarn letters for his name, created cute garlands out of cut up paper and yarn, cut out "happy birthday" (admittedly rather messy looking, oops), made a photo timeline (forgot to take pics of it), cut out cute paper birds (first word he recognized) and bought some blue poms poms and balloons as additional decor. Not bad! On the food front, Monkey and I made a crack-like spinach artichoke dip, mango salsa, and guacamole (chips on the side). We also made spiced nuts and chopped up fruit and cheese. For the cake, I made a delicious yellow double layer cake with chocolate frosting. It was a new recipe and turned out quite nicely.



Though I'm sure he was oblivious to what was going on, I like to think Baby Burrito had a good time and enjoyed the official passing of his first year of life. He got to try some cake which was his first time eating sugar really. I think he was dubious but liked it after a while. Badge tried to enforce a no gift policy which everyone ignored. Thanks for all the gifts everyone!!


Many more pictures here

Comments

1 Response to "First Birthday Party"

Monkey said... September 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM

i want more food!